Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ok so the new title sucks...

But I really need a new title. Why?

1) Because, when I thought about it, focusing on the number on the scale (i.e. the last 10 lbs) was totally the wrong way to approach the situation of figuring out how to end my weight loss journey. And I'm not just saying it because in the 10 months I've had this blog I only lost 5 of the last 10 lbs (yes, I will openly admit that I only lost 5 lbs in 10 months). I just realized that being obsessed with a number was becoming unhealthy for me. Am I going to look or feel any different at 110 than I do at 115? Probably not. What my priorities are now:

-Eating great, clean food (and treats in moderation, of course) 
-Working to maintain the weight loss I worked so hard for
- ENJOYING cooking, eating just leading a generally healthy life

My next step for the long run is to learn to embrace exercise. I'm still not there yet. I love to be active and go for walks but when it comes to painful, push yourself, sweat like a pig exercise, I just can't get motivated. But I know it's a huge part of a balanced life so I am still pushing myself to stick with it.

2) I feel like this blog is taking a new direction. It's not really about my weight loss journey. I like writing about navigating a full time job, extra vounteer stuff, leading a healthy, vegetarian life and cooking for a family of four. I think it's good for me to keep track of what I'm doing and I hope proving reviews of what does and doens't work for me in terms of making things ahead will be more helpful to others than just musings about my life and my food.

That being said, I am uninspired on a title. So any suggestions would be great. Or I'll just keep thinking about it.

Coming soon, I will post the lentil soup recipe, it was a HUGE hit. Yes, lentil soup might sound gross, it might even look gross but my recipe was phenominal and everyone loved it! The WW peanut stirfry was pretty darn good too. So I will post back later in the week to my old blog that is moving in a new direction.

Till then happy eating and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

fleet lawsuit