Sunday, November 29, 2009

More make ahead meals

Last weeks meals were wonderful! They were quick and easy to prepare and made for lots of healthy and wonderful leftovers for lunches.

The fajitas were delicious. The chili worked great! I was a bit nervous about using fresh tomatoes but it all cooked up perfectly in the slow cooker. I added on hot sauce and sour cream to mine and I really enjoyed it.

This weeks menu:

Monday- Stir Fry
I washed, peeled and chopped my way through broccoli, peppers, onions, carrots and snow peas so they are ready and waiting to be stirfried, tossed in some sauce (I'm making peanut sauce, the recipie is in a WW cookbook) and served with noodles.

Tuesday-Lentil soup, pita and hummus
Another recipe that I'm adjusting to make in the crockpot. Cooked the first few steps and then put it in the fridge. Tuesday morning I will pop it in the crockpot to come home to warm homemade soup :)

Wednesday - Chicken, broccoli, cauliflower and pan fried potatoes.
No prep required for the chicken - just stick some real and some soy chicken into the oven. The broccoli and cauliflower is chopped and ready to be steamed and the potatoes are boiled so I will just chop and toss in some evoo on the stove.

Thursday- Left overs! There's always a lot of food left in the fridge by Thursday and everyone is running out to other commitments and stuff so leftovers work for us.

I will post back how it all went and include some recipes for anything that works out particularly well.

Back to the grind tomorrow morning :( Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

fleet lawsuit