Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Exciting News!

Today, my mom who has been recommitted to Weight Watchers for just over a year hit goal! I am so excited for her :) This time around she's lost around 25 pounds! I'm so proud of her and happy for her!

Me on the other hand....struggling still a bit. Last week my anticipated STS turned into a 0.4 gain...and I'm still hovering in this region so this week will probably not be a loss again. I did however just realize that WW prefers that you have a BMI of 20 (many sources say 18.5 is fine) so I can only go as low as 109. I'm only 4 lbs away so I'm not going to stress about how qucikly I get there. I'll probably discuss my best weight with my doctor when I see her in Aug.

My challenge for this week: Anniversary party. I'm throwing a party for my parents 25th Anniversary. I know I'm in charge so really I should have all WW friendly food. But since we are having 30+ people I just didn't feel like making ONLY WW food was going to work. I am making WW guacamole, hummus and having lots of veggies and fruit. I'm also making a light version of a taco dip, it's a family favourite and no one misses the sour cream or the cream cheese.

Here's our recipe:
1 container cottage cheese
1 packet of taco seasoning
chopped lettuce and tomato
shredded light cheddar

Blend the cottage cheese with the taco mix and top with veggies and cheese. Very low pts if you dip veggies or baked chips.

So hopefully I wil be too busy hosting to munch on the spinach dip, cheese ball or other unhealthy treats and won't taste too much when I'm cooking.

Hope you have a great Canada Day everyone!!

2 comments:

 

fleet lawsuit