Sunday, November 22, 2009

recovering

Time flies. Despite my best intentions, it's been two weeks since I last posted. Just after I wrote that last post I got hit with a really bad cold/flu which just took it out of me for more than a week. Eating was not great in that time - did not feel like cooking. I ate a lot of popsicles but aside from that, I hardly ate. I guess what I'm trying to say is that there wasn't much to report.

But I'm back. And trying to eat healthly to stay healthy. Today I spent 4 hours in the kitchen tonight doing prep for the week. First I started this recipe from the National Post but instead of cooking it I just cooked the onions and mixed the other ingredients and plan on popping in the slow cooker on Tuesday morning. I hope it works ok...it doesn't really look like chili at the moment...I don't really know anything about chili so I found choosing a recipie difficult. I wanted one that was just beans, no TVP because of all things, I don't think chili needs added protein when it's got plenty of beans. I will update and let you know how I found the recipe.

I also cooked some chicken (for the fam) and chopped peppers for fajitas so tomorrow night's dinner just needs to be popped in the frying pan and we're good to go.

It was a lot of work to make the chili, the fajitas, tonight's dinner and tomorrow's lunch and I was disapointed to miss out on any time to relax on a Sunday night but it will be well worth it all week when meals are ready. Next week, I'll start earlier!

For now I'm totally beat so I'm off to bed! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

fleet lawsuit