Thursday, May 14, 2009

WI!

Weighed in this morning and I was down 1.4 :) Of which only 0.6 of it was "real" since a lot of my weight last week was water...but on the books -1.4 so wheeeeee!

I am suffering a bit in the motivation department. There's a lot going on with school starting and meeting new people and being out and thus I have been slacking a bit on writing things down (although I've still been tracking in my head). And since its the start of a new week I did track today :) I'll do my best to keep it up!

I know your sick of hearing this but I tried a great recipe tonight and didn't take pictures! HAHA when will I learn? I'm too intent on eating my dinner.

Well it wasn't rocket science but I adapted it from a recipe in my tracker and it was simple and yummy!

Vegetarian Soft Tacos

1/2 an onion
1/2 cup of black beans, rinsed well
taco sauce or salsa to taste (1-3 tbsp)
1/4 cup cooked brown rice
2 small tortillas
1/2 cup diced tomato
lime juice
roasted & salted pumpkin seeds, lettuce, cheddar and sour cream to top as desired

Chop tomato and mix with some lime juice, cover and set aside. Chop and fry the onion in a bit of oil. Add the black beans and warm. Add the taco sauce, mash about half the black beans with a fork and continue to warm for 5 min. Mix in brown rice. Spread 1/2 the mix on a tortilla and top with some tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, lettuce, cheddar and sour cream.

The pumpkin seed addition was something I learned at a cooking class and love! Adds really nice texture and flavour.

Since it's made of mostly ingredients I typically keep on hand, I think I will keep this one in my rotation. (And possibly convince the meatatarian boyfriend to try it...;)

Almost the long weekend! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

fleet lawsuit