Sunday, May 31, 2009

This Week's Update

Well as you may have read I have been in a bit of a slump lately and have seen a plateau. Let me tell you, it is still going strong. Last week I was up the 0.2 which I had been down the week before...hence, plateau. However, I refuse to be discouraged and here is why:

1) I was home this weekend and despite a lack of tracking and a couple pieces of a fantastic coffee cake from the bakery around the corner (no, not in the same day) I feel like I made good decisions. I know I eat healthy but it just feels like making good decisions are ingrained in me now...well most of the time :)

2) I cleaned up my life today! Cleaned out my closet and threw out some old clothes to make room for the new things I bought. Despite spending more than I intended on my weekend shopping trip, it was so nice to get some new clothes I'm exited about wearing (including size FOUR jeans!!) I also cleaned out my kitchen cupboard and found I have a ton of granola bars and ww 1 pt bars. Why is this a good thing? Because it means I am eating them sparingly. I'm happy to have them because I don't want to cut them out entirely - they are just too handy when I'm running out the door for school some days - but knowing that I move through slowly means I'm not relying on them for most of my sustinance, which I think is a pretty good thing.

3) On that note I had an amazing shopping trip today at the grocery store. You know those days where you put all your stuff on the checkout counter and think "damn, look at all this wonderful, healthy food"? And then beam with pride? It was one of those. Or maybe that's just me...

4) Finally, I was at church today and as I only get there every couple months when I'm home visiting, I get so many compliments on how much weight I've lost. Which is always motivating, despite being a little bit concerning (if you think I'm so thin now, how fat was I before??).

Alright, I ramble but the long and the short of it is I'm here and I am determined to not let a few weeks of (minor, really) set back knock me off track.

Hopefully I can try some new recipes this week and post for you - pictures included, I promise :)

Have a great week xo

P.S. Check out Ashley's Blog and the contest she's running!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

fleet lawsuit