Friday, August 21, 2009

One step forward, two steps back

So I've been checking out Goodlife and considering joining for the Fall. I've been attending the various classes with my friend Lauren to see if I think it's worthwhile.

Last night we tried step class. I liked the class but didn't really enjoy the instructor. She was trying to be helpful but she kept singling us out. I would have preferred she just let me struggle through the patterns on my own. I would try it again though, it was definitely a great work out!

So as we were about to leave we noticed the storm that we'd been hearing about in the Toronto area has hit us full force, lighting and heavy rains - the power was even flickering on and off. So we decided to stay for another class and wait it out and off we went to Zumba. I've mentioned before that I've tried Zumba and really enjoyed it and last night it was good still - although I was pretty pooped at the end.

By the time I got home it was after 8...and I came home to find out that the rain had cause my family's dinner plans of BBQing to fall through and they just ordered pizza instead. Well, I was starving - too starving to make a good decision. So I had a little more pizza then I normally would. But it was delicious, that's for sure!

Then today, my mom and I went for lunch at a really amazing little place called Stoney's. We got turned around and parked the car about a 10 min walk away, which was great for a little extra exercise. Then, we had the most wonderful goat cheese salads! Unfortunatly, we just happened to park the car across the street from a Gelato place, so we decided to try it out and split a small cup of 1/2 ferrero and 1/2 Baccio gelato. It was waaaay better than ice cream! So amazing.

So, the point of all this is I've had some victories in these past couple days and also a few set backs...but I'm going to stay on track this weekend and keep up tracking as best I can - I'm not giving up!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

fleet lawsuit