Thursday, August 13, 2009

Whole Foods

Yesterday, I was not in the best mood after a frustrating trip to the dentist (where I wait for 45 minutes!) So I decided to treat myself to a trip to Whole Foods since it was nearby. Most often, when I visit Whole Foods, I don't even buy anything. I just like going and looking at all the wonderful food they have and all the different types of products available. But yesterday I did walk out with a few items.

First, some candied walnuts and some fig goat cheese that I put on a strawberry balsamic salad for dinner. Yummm!I had this with some stuffed zucchini and some bbq'd potatoes that my brother made.

I also bought a couple of bars I had seen on various blogs:

I'd heard of Larabar and Jocalat before. They are made of fruit and nuts and are all natural. I figured these would be a good substitute for granola bars (although a very pricey one!) I havn't tried them but I will review when I do!

Note: I just realized the Larabar I bought is chocolate chili! Now I am scared to try it!! Has anyone else tried these??

I also picked up The Simply Bar because it's made of soy crips and therfore it's very high in protein - the whole bar has 160 calories and 16g of protein! I've read vegetarians who eat balanced don't really need to worry about protein but I figure it never hurts to be sure. I tried it for breakfast and it was pretty good. The soy crips had an interesting texture and a bit of an aftertaste but all in all it wasn't bad. I would try it again for sure.

So I managed to limit my spending damage to those few items, I'm sure when I have more disposable income I'll be trying a few more interesting new products!

Since I typically started my WW week on Thursday, I've decided to start taking tracking seriously this week and see how it goes, wish me luck :)

Almost Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

fleet lawsuit