Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Review

It's been a pretty good Easter weekend. Yesterday was a nice time with family. Here's my review of the menu I posted:

Spinach Dip - I've had this before but it was really good as always. It better the next day so I made it on Saturday.

I also added Stuffed Mushrooms as an app. I didn't calculate calories but they don't have much in them so they couldn't be very high and they were a hit! I'm thinking they might even be zerio points for one... I will run them through the Spark People recipe calculator and update when I have a sec.
*edit - 2 mushrooms for 1 pt :) very good choice as an appetizer

Candied Sweet Potatoes - They were no sweet potato supreme but they were very good and easy to do! Had a nice flavour without being rich. I would make these again on any night.

Green Beans - Simple but so good. Cooking anything in broth adds so much flavour.

I didn't make the Quinoa because I made a test run Friday night and it was really good but we didn't really have room on the stove to make it yesterday lol But it was delish, just onions and garlic, then quinoa cooked in broth with some chopped spinach added at the end.

Suprisingly I did FAR better at eating yesterday than today. Today, I have eaten through a substantial amount of chocolate. So I'm trying to focus on water and get back on plan tomorrow. It still could well mean a gain on Thursday but it's one week, I will deal with it and move on :) Might need to go back to strict tracking for next week just to get back on track. But it's all good. Happy new week and getting back on track if your in the same boat (I have been reading that many people are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

fleet lawsuit