Saturday, March 14, 2009

Goat Cheese Dip

I'm at home for the weekend and tonight was just my mom and I for dinner and we made the most wonderful goat cheese dip!

The recipe called for 3x this but made 3 cups...so I cut it in 3

75 g goat cheese
2 tsp butter
1/3 cup cottage cheese
1 egg yolk
lemon zest
1 tbsp flour
salt and pepper to taste
colour and texture - i used sundried tomatoes and herbs de province, you could used roasted red pepper, spinach...anything...and any herbs you have or like
The sun dried tomatoes were good but made it salty, I would use less next time.

Mix first seven ingredients with a hand mixer then stir in your colour and texture choice. Bake @ 350 for 20-25 min

Serve with crackers or bread.

It was very good and 25 cal per tbsp = 5 points for half a cup or half the recipe as posted above

If your not in to eating dip for dinner it would make a great appetizer for guests and it doesn't have a strong goat cheese flavour so people who don't like it probably wouldn't be able to tell :)

Another amazing discovery: Compliments balance Fudge Brownie Frozen Yogurt. 120 cal for 1/2 cup...I had just 1/4 cup with some sliced strawberries and it was wonderful!

Tomorrow will be a challenge as Imight be going out for lunch and dinner. I'll just do the best I can even if I have to use all my WPS - I'm getting a lot better at sticking to 18 pts on weekdays so hopefully I can last with very few until Thursday!

Have a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, super tasty. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love goat cheese!! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

 

fleet lawsuit