Saturday, March 28, 2009

You never know what your going to get...

Another long Saturday of school work! After a super stressful week and a long day of working on projects, I decided to reward myself by taking the time to try something new for dinner. I started off by trying to recreate something my mom told me she ordered at a restaurant and I got this:


Random? Yes. But equally delicious. Here's what I did:

Took one whole wheat pita and warmed it slightly. Added a tsp or two of pesto sauce. Sauteed some mushrooms, onions and green pepper in 1/2 tsp of EVOO. Topped the pita with the sauteed veggies. Then I added 1/2 oz of garlic goat cheese and popped it in the oven at 350.

Meanwhile, I made my first ever balsamic reduction. I looove balsamic vinegar so I have been wanting to try this. It was super easy but I could have left it boiling a little longer (I was worried about burning it after last weeks quinoa disaster) and it would have been a little more syrupy.

Baked the pita in for about 10 min, took it out and topped with the balsamic reduction.

Yum! I would definalty make this again. Lots of opportunity to add/subtract points based on how many you have left! It was delishious and filling.

That's about it for now. Have been staying as on track as possible this week and trying not to stress about being perfect (I have a lot more insights on this that I'll post when I have a bit more time).

I'll leave you with Today's Menu:

1 cup Cheerios
6 almonds
1/2 cup strawberries
skim milk

Grilled cheese on weight watcher bread
Veggies

Walk to TCBY!
Junior 96% fat free chocolate frozen yogurt with warm peanut butter sauce!

Dinner as above :)

Hope you're having a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. that looks DELICIOUS!!!!
    love love love goat cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! That pita looks so good!!!:)
    I'd probably sub the goat cheese with light feta:) YUM!!!
    Mightttt be a dinner menu for me this week:P
    Thanks for the great recipe!!!:)

    ReplyDelete

 

fleet lawsuit